Iron Woody Fitness Band - #5 (2 1/2" thick - Black)(Pair)
Our Iron Woody Fitness Bands™ utilize the same or better quality latex, but we offer them at prices that aresubstantially less than our competitors. How can we do it?Easy.We don't need to stick it to you with high mark-ups. Or in other words, you've just been getting gouged for years and not known it.Have a look at the numbers; they don't lie.
Length: 41 inches
Width: 2 ½ inches
Resistance: 60 to 150 lbs.
But what about the band quality? Surely there hasto be a catch.
Yep, there is: People havesimply been paying too much before Iron Woody came along. Therewas no competition. Bottom line: WoodyBands' quality and durability are equal-to or better-thanany other bands currently on the market. We just don'tcharge as much. If anyone says our bands are inferior, they're lying. But don'ttake our word for it. Check the reviews and forums, read what ourcustomers have to say, and compare for yourself.
"Asa high school strength and conditioning coach, I am alwayslooking for the best equipment as well as the safestequipment for the right price. The Iron Woody merchandisefits my requirements of being safe, effective and extremelydurable for a great price. I use the Iron WoodyBands for my students who need assistance in performingchin-ups, as well as using the bands for squats and benches. Thecompany stands behind their products, and deliver theproduct in a very timely manner. I would highlyrecommend Iron Woody Fitness and their product line."
Senior International Weightlifting Coach
Strength Coach, Rancho Buena Vista High School, Vista,CA
WoodyBands™ areoffered in seven different pound resistances. Theyvary in thickness and width, which determines their poundresistance. (The greater the stretching distanceof the band while exercising, the greater the resistanceload of the band.) All bands are 41 inches long,seamless latex rubber constructed in layers to help preventbreakage, and come with a 1 year warranty!
Woody Band Uses
Woody Bands™ arenot just for powerlifting and weightlifting. They can be used for:
- Speed and agility training
- Flexibility exercises
- General conditioning
General Usage Guidelines
Below are some very general guidelines for band usage. Trialand error may be necessary to find the band best suited to yourparticular fitness level and usage.
- Mini and Super-mini Bands (#1 & #2) are best for general conditioning, rehabilitation, stretching, jumping, speed training, aerobics, and for lifters as assistance for the upper body to increase the resistance for biceps and triceps. Either band is great for beginners and light weightlifters. Both can be used to safely increase the intensity of a workout without adding additional weights to a bar. For the stronger lifter, they will add considerable resistance to bicep and tricep exercises.
- Small and Medium Bands (#3 & #4) can be used by stronger benchers, and with exercises involving the lower body, calves, quads, hamstring and glutes.
- Large, X-Large, & Monster Bands ( #5, 6 & 7) are usually used for obtaining maximum resistance with squats, deadlifts, leg presses and shrugs.
Fitness Band Precautions
Therehas been a recent increase in people doing some incredibly ill-advisedand reckless activities using our and other manufacturers’ bands. Justbecause you see someone doing something on a YouTube video does notmake it safe, or that you should attempt it. We have absolutely nocontrol over what people do with our bands after the purchase, so weoffer the following information and disclaimer.
Iron Woody Fitness Bands are made from latex rubber. Since latex is an organic material, it will degrade over time, and that is a fact. In simple words everyone can understand, all bands (whether our bands or someone else’s) will eventually wear out and break. It is just a matter of how and when. If anyone one tells you that their bands don’t break, they are lying. (Think of it as someone telling you that the tires on your car will never wear out or need to be replaced.) That being said:
- Always inspect your bands carefully EACH TIME BEFORE USE for any tears, wear or damage. Fitness Bands (like any rubber band, large or small) will eventually wear out and/or break over time.
- Don't use a damaged band, don't over-stress them, and don't use them for something that they are not intended for.
- Always wear eye protection.
- Use common sense.
- In purchasing bands, you agree to use them responsibly, and at your own risk. Bands are not toys. Iron Woody assumes no responsibility for injuries caused by wear, breakage or misuse.
The Resistance Sprinting Exercise
Thereis a popular exercise making the rounds where a band is attached to afixed anchor (door, pole, etc.) and you run with the band around youuntil it stops your progress. In essence, the band is being stretchedto its maximum resistance and travel capacity. Most video examples ofthis exercise usually show one band being utilized. The problem isthat because of the stress, one band may quickly break, usually at theconnection point. So please read the following carefully:
- If you are going to attempt this exercise (or any other), you do so at your own risk.
- At least four bands of equal size should be linked together in order to dissipate the energy being transferred to the bands. We will not warranty the bands if less than four bands are used.
- Loop the bands together to connect them. Don't knot them together.
- Undo the loops after each use to prevent excessive wear at the contact points.
- We do not recommend that a door be used as an anchor point. Doors are notorious for flying open at the wrong time, and may not be strong enough for the stress you are applying to them. So don’t use a door as a connection point, and make sure that whatever you are anchoring to is strong enough to withstand the stress.
Forbidden Band Uses
- Bungee jumping
- Towing vehicles
- Giant slingshots
- Tree swings
- Water skiing towropes
- Snapping them at another person
- Letting children play with them
- Darwin Awards qualifying activities
- Things you see in cartoons like The Roadrunner
- Bizarre sicko sexual devices
- Any other irresponsible and/or ludicrous activity you can think of